On October 27th, USG Chief of Staff Kavin Thakkar submitted his resignation, effective December 31st, to President Jaideep Kakar and Vice President Clara Pineda.
To fill the upcoming vacancy, the Executive Board has launched a search process for the next Chief of Staff to serve for the spring semester. Click here to read the President’s memo.
Read more about the position and apply below.
- Must be in good standing with the University
- Must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours as an undergraduate student
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for benefiting undergraduate students
Job Description for Chief of Staff:
- Take minutes for all Senate, Executive Board, and Cabinet meetings
- Schedule all USG Senate and Executive events on The Spot
- Schedule meetings with offices and campus administrators on behalf of the President, Vice President, and President of Senate
- Coordinate USG office responsibilities with The Cube
- Act as a liaison between the Executive Board and Senate
- Shall work with President of Senate to schedule and provide regular updates of the executive board to be presented in Senate
- Supervise and assist The Directors on their respective responsibilities as needed
- Lead USG events and programming initiatives with the IUPUI undergraduate student body
- Other Executive Board responsibilities as defined in the Bylaws
- Other Executives responsibilities as defined in the Bylaws
- Perform at least 10 hours of work per week, including 2 hours in the USG office
Please direct all questions to President Jaideep Kakar at email@example.com.
Applications will be open until Friday, December 1st, 2023, at 11:45 PM ET.
Candidates will be contacted for interviews on a rolling basis.